Without further ado, here's another pearl in my collection.
Three Pea Salad on Spring Mix Greens
3/4 cup frozen peas
3/4 cup frozen shelled edamame
8 oz snap peas, trimmed
4 cups spring mix of salad greens
1/2 cup radish, thinly sliced for garnish
2 Tb spoons white wine vinegar (Here's a link why you need vinegar in your daily life!)
1 Tb spoon extra-virgin olive oil
2 Tb spoons of real sour cream (it has only milk, cream and enzymes in it!)
1 tea spoon agave nectar (low glycemic, appropriate for diabetics)
2 teaspoons fresh tarragon, chopped
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
2. Salad Dressing: In a separate bowl, mix together white wine vinegar, olive oil, sour cream, agave, and tarragon.
3. Add peas, edamame to the boiling pot of water. Cook for about 3 minutes. Stir in sugar snap peas. Continue to cook for another 3 minutes. Or until tender-crisp. Do not over boil!
4. Drain the peas, pour cold water on top of them to stop cooking inside these veggies.
5. In a serving bowl with spring mix add the peas and radishes.
6 Drizzle with the dressing from Step 2.
Celebrate Your Green Day Menu Today!
PS: If you know a woman-entrepreneur who has created healthy product(s), please let me know, so we could spread the word about her and her contribution to this planet.
Disclosure: I only write about products I believe in and use personally and the companies who truly advance forward the best traits of the humankind. I am not compensated for my opinions.
Curb Your Appetite – Stop Your Cravings
VP Programs Development, ScaleDown for Life
VP Education, GoZonkers Inc.
©2011 Laura Gontchar. All Rights Reserved.