comforts for baby,celebrate woman today paypal cash prize, Celebrate Woman Today asus laptop, Celebrate Woman Today

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Three Kinds of Peas And One Slim You

January is my month of great new salad recipes that I do not make on the regular basis. I wanted to widen the variety of salads I usually make for my whole family. All of these salads boast great ingredients and a health boosting alternative to other processed foods.

Without further ado, here's another pearl in my collection.


Three Pea Salad on Spring Mix Greens

Ingredients:

3/4 cup frozen peas
3/4 cup frozen shelled edamame
8 oz snap peas, trimmed
4 cups spring mix of salad greens
1/2 cup radish, thinly sliced for garnish
2 Tb spoons white wine vinegar (Here's a link why you need vinegar in your daily life!)
1 Tb spoon extra-virgin olive oil
2 Tb spoons of real sour cream (it has only milk, cream and enzymes in it!)
1 tea spoon agave nectar (low glycemic, appropriate for diabetics)
2 teaspoons fresh tarragon, chopped

Preparation:

1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
2. Salad Dressing: In a separate bowl, mix together white wine vinegar, olive oil, sour cream, agave, and tarragon.
3. Add peas, edamame to the boiling pot of water. Cook for about 3 minutes. Stir in sugar snap peas. Continue to cook for another 3 minutes. Or until tender-crisp. Do not over boil!
4. Drain the peas, pour cold water on top of them to stop cooking inside these veggies.
5. In a serving bowl with spring mix add the peas and radishes.
6 Drizzle with the dressing from Step 2.

Celebrate Your Green Day Menu Today!

PS: If you know a woman-entrepreneur who has created healthy product(s), please let me know, so we could spread the word about her and her contribution to this planet.
Disclosure: I only write about products I believe in and use personally and the companies who truly advance forward the best traits of the humankind. I am not compensated for my opinions.
Founder, CelebrateLifeNutrition.com
Curb Your Appetite – Stop Your Cravings

VP Programs Development, ScaleDown for Life
VP Education, GoZonkers Inc.
©2011 Laura Gontchar. All Rights Reserved.

Publish Post

Share/Save/Bookmark