This month we dedicate to our skin (please refer to the previous post to get on board in no time.)
Week One to a more gorgeous and vibrant skin is dedicated to filling your breakfasts, lunches, and dinners with more nutrient-rich food combinations.
Here are some recipes, very easy ones, that could be done and finished in a few minutes. The only different is that these recipes provide whole foods, unprocessed foods for your body.
Enjoying the process of preparing and then partaking the foods made with fresh ingredients will definitely bring you closer to a fresher looking skin. And lighter you.
Vegetables and Quinoa Salad
Why it is Good
• This meal is Gluten Free.
• This meal is Low Glycemic (i.e., your blood sugar won't be jumping up and down after this meal's consumption.)
• Cucumbers, bell peppers, peas are rich in potassium, Vitamins A & C.
• Quinoa is a great source for protein, calcium, iron. It contains almost perfect balance of all 8 Essential amino acids (“essential”= humans cannot synthesize it in the body) needed for tissue development.
• Quinoa is high in lysine & cystine amino acids which are the building blocks of protein.
Approximately 4 oz/day of quinoa (~1/2 cup) will provide a child’s protein needs for one day.
All You Need
1/2 cucumber, slices
1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
2 scallions, chopped
1 Tbsp. sesame oil
1 garlic clove, crushed
3/4 cup frozen peas
1 Tbsp. light soy sauce
1/4 cup pine nuts (or almonds, crushed)
1/2 cup cabbage, chopped
4 cups quinoa, cooked
1 slice of lemon
Sea salt & pepper to taste
Set aside cooked quinoa in a bowl.
Chop and slice all remaining vegetables. Add them to the bowl with quinoa.
Add peas, soy sauce, sea salt and pepper to taste.
Mix the combined ingredients.
Garnish with pine nuts or crushed almonds, and the juice of the lemon piece.
Feel free to experiment and add your favorite veggies! The fresher, the better.
With this yummy meal, your skin will be hydrated and shall get all the necessary nutrients for its restoration and functioning like it deserves.
And you will feel better about what you food choices. It is not that difficult, when you make one step at a time transferring yourself into a healthier lifestyle.
To Your Health!
VP Programs Development, ScaleDown for Life
VP Education, GoZonkers Inc.
Curb Your Appetite – Stop Your Cravings
©2010 Laura Gontchar. All Rights Reserved.