|Antarctic Krill, Rich in Omega-3|
More and more clinical studies are performed to medically prove the claims that are so eager to be offered not only via the consumption of the product itself, but on the labels as well.
Omega-3’s: There are actually three types of fatty acids that are collectively referred to as omega-3's: ALA (alpha-linolenic acid), EPA (eicosapentaenoic), and DHA (docosahexaenoic acid). These are Essential amino acids, meaning your body cannot manufacture them on its own. You need to receive these from food and supplementation to your diet.
ALA is Found: Hempseed, Pumpkin Seeds, Linseeds, Walnuts, Soybeans
DHA is Found: Seafood Algae, Krill, Coldwater Fish (salmon, sardines, albacore tuna)
EPA is Found in many of the same foods as DHA.
Benefits are magnificent and unbeaten by any other source, as Omega-3’s improve:
- Cardiovascular and bone health by lowering triglycerides and increasing HDL (good cholesterol)
- Mental health by helping to insulate nerve cells in the brain
- Skin health by alleviating symptoms related to skin irritation and diseases
- Bowel health by reducing inflammation of the lining in the bowel’s wall
It is of great importance to consume your Omega-3’s with food. And it is vital that we supplement its consumption via high quality supplements.
As a personal example, I have been a fan of Omega-3 for the past ten (10) years. I have my Omega-3 every day, rain or shine. I have consumed it even a bit more when I was pregnant with my son. Why? Because I needed Omegas for my own health and for the growing organism in me.
What’s more important to understand and then implement in our personal life is that:
- Omega-3 essential amino acids cannot be generated within our bodies.
- They need to be supplemented
- Kids within a womb and after their birth developmentally are ahead of their peers 4-5 times in many areas when they consume Omega-3’s (lots of clinical studies on this one!)
- If the source is fish, make sure there’s no hard metals like mercury present (look for certifications on the label confirming it)
- Look for the high values (in milligrams) of the DHA within each supplement: the more, the merrier
|Krill Oil by Everest Nutrition|
The nutritional profile is great for the Krill Oil by Everest Nutrition:
- Krill oil was found to be 54x more powerful in antioxidant activity than fish oil – it is clinically proven
- One serving of 2 Caplique Capsules contains:
- EPA 165 mg
- DHA 95 mg
- No fillers
- The oil is clean and organic, if you wish to use this description!
Would I recommend Omega-3 supplement. YES, I do. I live it, I breath it, and have been an advocate of Omega-3 supplementation for every age group for a decade, even when this supplement was not popular and overlooked.
Make a note for yourself about the Krill Oil by Everest Nutrition, eco clean, with 54 times antioxidant potency of a regular Omega-3 supplement. Start taking care of your health and your body’s needs for essential amino acids. The sooner, the better.
Disclosure: Celebrate Woman received product(s) from Everest Nutrition to facilitate this review. My opinions are my own and were not influenced by the sponsor. Celebrate Woman Today promotes only healthy and life-enhancing products.