We live in California where Mexican food is a weekly must. We have our own “Taco Tuesday” and we make fresh chicken burritos and tacos. It is fun for the kids, because we prepare everything together and then they get to build their own burrito.
Several chicken breasts
Black Olives (sliced)
Black Beans (canned)
Salsa (get a couple of different ones)
Corn and Flower Tortillas
Preparation: It is very easy.
• We usually bake some chicken breasts, or if you are pressed for time you can usually get a fresh roasted chicken at your local store.
• We chop tomatoes, cilantro, lettuce, avocado and put into separate small bowls.
• Then I get some shredded cheese and sliced black olives, again in separate bowls.
• All of that is put on the table with a variety of salsas.
• I heat up both corn and flour tortillas as well as some black beans and we are ready to eat.
• I always try to pair our spicy Mexican food with some cool fruit, like cantaloupe or a fresh fruit salad.
*****Celebrate Mexican Cuisine Tuesday!
PS: If you have any questions to Jennifer Taylor, please leave them in the comments below. She will definitely read and answer them.
PPS: If you know a woman-entrepreneur who has created healthy product(s), please let me know, so we could spread the word about her and her contribution to this planet.
Disclosure: I only write about products I believe in and use personally. I am not compensated for my opinions.
Curb Your Appetite – Stop Your Cravings
VP Programs Development, ScaleDown for Life
VP Education, GoZonkers Inc.
©2010 Laura Gontchar. All Rights Reserved.