comforts for baby,celebrate woman today paypal cash prize, Celebrate Woman Today asus laptop, Celebrate Woman Today

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Biggest Surprise In Natural Skin Care

Recap: Kim Lewis who left the corporate culture of American Express to pursue her passion in natural skin care, developed a clean line of natural products for women – Yellowstone Bees.

CelebrateWoman (CW) Is there anything that was a surprise to you that you did not expect on your way creating Yellowstone Bees products?


Kim Lewis (Kim) I did not originally create Yellowstone Bees but instead have taken it to a whole new level and have created several new products along the way and significantly expanded the distribution of the product.

Kim What has surprised me the most is how much women love the products I’ve created. It is so rewarding to have such loyal customers. And I’m very pleased that my company’s products are mostly valued by women.

CW How do you see your creation/invention/product will effect your life in the future?


Kim The natural skincare products that we provide for women are life-changing for our customers.

When women find out how bad and dangerous some of the ingredients in mass-marketed personal care products are, they change their buying habits. I find this especially true of women with young children and teen-age girls.

I think that Yellowstone Bees will change my life in terms of how I donate and contribute my time and money in the future. I am really focused on helping women and would love to get involved in some projects in the future that work with young women (teenagers or early 20’s) with their careers, especially those that want to start their own business.


CW What is the #1 Thing you would like your customers to know about your Yellowstone Bees product?

Kim 
Our products are truly natural, safe and healthy…we don’t have any secret ingredients and we never use ingredients that are known carcinogens or other potentially dangerous substances.

The ingredients in our body care products are those that we know are safe to use but also in many cases have a long history of effectiveness in skin care…often going back centuries to use by ancient civilizations like the Egyptians, Greeks or parts of Asia especially China.

CW If we talked to all of your family and friends imagine them in one room at the same time what would you tell them about what you do? What would they tell me about your involvement with your company?


Kim They would say to you exactly what they say to me – they are proud of me! They admire this company, and what we are trying to do. They love our products.

CW What keeps you going day after day?

Kim My employees, my dog, my vision and hope for the future.

CW How do you celebrate: your achievements; mistakes and miscalculations; and even failures?

Kim 
I celebrate important milestones in life – events that changed my life. Every year I celebrate the date that I bought Yellowstone Bees – November 15th. I celebrate the date that I bought my home in Montana. Both of those dates changed my life.

I believe birthdays are especially important. Everyone’s birthday is his or her own special day. I celebrate not only my own birthday but those of all my friends, my family, my employees, even my dog Nikita’s birthday (July 15th). One of the employee benefits I give is paid day off on your birthday (that’s an unusual but highly appreciated benefit!).

When it comes to “mistakes” or “failures,” I see these differently perhaps. I don’t see them as negatives but neither do I see them as so important as to celebrate or remember. I remember what I learn from them but not the details of the event. I move on very quickly from anything bad that happens and I always focus on the good and the future.


CW After a long day, when you close your eyes and reflect on the day, just before you go to sleep, what goes through your heart and mind?


Kim I’m grateful. I think about all the good things in my life – my beautiful home, my business and wonderful team of employees, my family and friends, the path my life has taken. And every night, right before I go to sleep I kiss my dog Nikita goodnight and tell her I love her. I never forget this little ritual of ours.
*****
What strikes me about Kim is her gentle approach to life, to people, animals, business. Maybe that's the reason – "biggest surprise" – why her products are so much embraced by us, women of all ages and cultures.

What's Next:
Want to know what Yellowstone Bees has to offer?

More on Kim Lewis:
Out of American Express by the Power of Love...
Yellowstone Bees Create a Buzz... In Modern Skin Care 
Aromatherapy in the Bottle: Healthy Recipe for Kids

PS: If you have any questions to Kim Lewis, please leave them in the comments below. She will definitely read and answer them.
PPS: If you know a woman-entrepreneur who has created healthy product(s), please let me know, so we could spread the word about her and her contribution to this planet.

Disclosure: I only review products I believe in. I am not compensated for my opinions. 

Founder, CelebrateLifeNutrition.com
Curb Your Appetite – Stop Your Cravings

VP Programs Development, ScaleDown for Life
VP Education, GoZonkers Inc.
©2010 Laura Gontchar. All Rights Reserved.


Share/Save/Bookmark