Week Two to A Younger, Healthier, Radiant Skin
Week 1 – Food for Your Skin
Week 2 – Skin Tone Transformation You Are Here
Week 3 – Skin Care Products for Daily Use
Week 4 – Minimizing Your Wrinkles
Your Goals This Week:
1. Minimize splotchiness in your facial skin
2. Minimize brown spots in your facial skin
3. Protect skin around your eyes as a sensitive area in your face
4. Boost radiance and reveal more youthful, healthier skin
5. Continue with your nutrition and healthy skin and weight loss routine from Week One (that’s a MUST, as you step-by-step progress towards the end of the month.)
How To Achieve the Goals of Week Two:
This is for Your Morning (AM) Routine
1. Use gentle exfoliating formulas (granular scrubs or glycolic acid (AHA) lotions) to:
• Slough off dead skin cells
• Expose new, healthier skin
• Exfoliate and moisturize skin
This is for Your Evening (PM) Routine
2. Use Retinol products that:
• Stimulate cell turnover
• Address acne
• Give skin a healthier appearance
Morning Routine – Examples of granular scrubs and glycolic acids (AHAs)
(You might experiment what works for you. I’ve tried personally the listed below formulas. My favorite products are the ones I make myself: It’s easy and quick, and potent. See the next post with the Scrub Recipe.)
Glycolic acid is a group of chemicals called Fruit Acids or Alpha-Hydroxy Acids (AHA).
Fruit acids are beneficial for your skin because they loosen the dead skin, slough it off, and reveal new layer of new cells, leaving the face smooth and soft.
You would be amazed how easy it is to produce the results for your skin without using the most expensive cosmetic products on the markets! Fruit Acids are found in fruit and vegetables you already keep in your fridge or even grow in your garden.
Here’s a quick list of AHAs that will do wonders for your skin.
Glycolic Acid: Found in Sugar Cane
Citric Acid: Found in Citrus fruits – lemons, limes, oranges, grapefruit
Lactic Acid: Found in yogurt, sour cream, blackberries, tomatoes, buttermilk, powdered skim milk
Tartaric Acid: Found in grapes, grape juice, wine, cream of tartar
Malic Acid: Found in apples, applesauce, cider, vinegar
All You Need:
1/2 tsp. of liquid per face cleansing
Squeeze the juice of lemon or grapfruit, for example, and dab the face with it. Leave on for 5-10 mins, then rinse.
Use halves of strawberry or blueberry or apple on your face. Let the juice set for a few minutes, then rinse. And you are ready for the day!
Important!Do not expose your skin to the sun before or after the use of Alpha-Hydroxy (AHA) cleansers and masks.
Evening Routine – Examples of Retinol-based products
(You might experiment what works for you. I’ve tried personally the listed below formulas. My favorite is Afirm 1X.)
Afirm 1X ($32-38/Internet stores)
• Perfect for sensitive skin
• Reduces brown spots, rough skin, fine lines
• Treats sun-damaged skin
• Based on Microsponge technology that maximizes efficasy but minimizes the potential for irritation
RoC Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Serum ($22 at drugstores/Internet stores)
• Contains retinol, zinc, copper, and Magnesium, DMAE (to tighten and tone your skin.)
• This is a light formula that easily absorbed by skin, stimulating its renewal and rejuvenation.
SkinCeuticals Retinol 1.0 ($46-50/Internet stores)
• Advanced Formula
• Reduces fine lines, age spots, pores
• Treats blotchiness and blemishes
• Contains 1% retinol (the highest concentration available over the counter)
Neutrogena 14 Day Skin Rescue ($26-29 at drugstores/$10 at Amazon store)
• Gentle formula
• Contains retinol and Vitamin C
• Easy to use and get results
1. Start Week 2 Routine right away
2. Continue with Week 1 routine (foods that feed your skin and contribute to your weight loss.)
As you progress from one week into another, you’ll be adding new steps to your daily life that become part of your lifestyle.
There is only Do and Not Do.
To Your Daily Health!
Disclosure: If and when my references fall onto mentioning any Product and/or Brand in this and further blog entries, they come from my personal recommendation and experience. I do not receive any products from any mentioned companies and/or brands for promotion and/or giveaway.
VP Programs Development, ScaleDown for Life
VP Education, GoZonkers Inc.
Curb Your Appetite – Stop Your Cravings
©2010 Laura Gontchar. All Rights Reserved.